I love looking through gift guides every year. It’s nice to get some ideas I wouldn’t have otherwise thought of, but I’ve yet to see one that is geared toward balancing the mind and body. So, I thought I’d throw ideas together that would be perfect for anyone who could use a little more chill in their life while still being mindful of your wallet!
(Clockwise from the top left)
- Overdone maybe, but a scented candle in a dark, warm room is soothing for the soul. Scents like lavender and eucalyptus are particularly soothing, but any scent has a soothing quality if you find it pleasant. I tend to choose these because they burn clean and are relatively affordable ($12.95, but coupons and promos are usually available).
- The gift of vino! We know that a little red wine has actual health benefits, but again, if you enjoy it (white or blush too!), it promotes the relaxation response in the brain (in moderation!). I particularly love this subscription service and have used it for several years and given it as a gift with great feedback. You take a quiz about flavor preferences and they use their algorithm to match you with wines that suit your palate. The wine is always good and if you don’t like a bottle, they replace it on your next shipment. The gift that keeps on giving!
- Yoga. All. Day. It’s no secret that yoga is good for the mind, body, and soul. I have had this mat (in a different, older color/pattern) for years and it still works great. It’s not too thick so as to throw off your balance and I’ve never had an issue with slipping like I have on other mats. ($18.99 and free shipping!)
- Who doesn’t find music to be soothing? A gift card toward ad-free music is what just about anyone would love.
- A journal can really be the gift that keeps on giving. People can use them however they see fit throughout the year (gratitude work, organization, free-writing, etc.) and you can jumpstart the process for them! I personally like a hardcover one so it maintains it’s structure even when tossed into bags throughout the year. This one ships free and is only $8.
- I love this company. The bouqets are always different from the standard stuff and are sourced directly from farmers. They offer gift cards so whatever budget you’re working with, you can find something. They also offer a subscription service which is really cool. You can pay so your recipient gets fresh flowers throughout the year. Having fresh greenery, plants, and flowers in the home is so great for you mental health, well-being, and there are even studies that suggest it’s good for your immune system and gut health! Who knew?
- Adult. Coloring. Books. Yes! They’re really great for promoting mindfulness and are somehow more socially acceptable than an adult using a Paw Patrol one…
I hope this is helpful for anyone on your list that could use some more chill in their life! Realistically, who doesn’t?